Tahini Sauce is sesame seed paste. Tahini sauce is used in making Hummus, Baba ghanoush and halva.Tahina is served as Dip on its own.
Tahina is used in north african,greek,middle eastern and turkish cuisines.
- 5 cups sesame seeds (Til)
- 1 1/2 cups olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350. Toast sesame seeds for 8-10 minutes, tossing the seeds frequently with a spatula.
- You can toast the sesame seeds on a griddle(Tawa) also.
- Do not allow to brown.
- Cool for 20 minutes.
- Pour sesame seeds into food processor and add oil. Blend for 5-10 minutes.
- The consistency should be thick, smooth and pourable. Add more oil and blend until desired consistency.
- Tahini can be stored in the refrigerator in closed container for up to 3 months.
(Visited 9 times, 1 visits today)