Easy to make tangy Tomato chutney for idli and dosa. This recipe for tomato chutney is without coconut and onion.
- Tomatoes – 2-3 chopped
- Garlic pods – 8-10 peeled
- Whole dry red chilies – 3-4
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Urad dal – 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves – 4-5
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Heat oil in a pan. Add whole dry red chilies and saute for 10 seconds.Do not burn the chillies.
- Add garlic and saute for 1 minute or till it changes color slightly.
- Turn off the heat and let it cool completely.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, salt in a grinder and grind to a smooth paste using little water.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and when they crackle, add urad dal and curry leaves and fry for 10-12 seconds.
- Add the ground tomato, mix well and let it cook for 1 minute.
- Serve Tomato chutney with Idli/Dosa.
(Visited 27 times, 1 visits today)