Easy to make basic Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe made without eggs.
- Full Fat Milk – 2 1/2 cup or 1/2 liter
- Fresh cream – 1 cup
- Sugar – 3/4 cup
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Cornflour – 1 tbsp
- Gelatin powder – 1 tsp
- Mix cornflour in 2 tbsp of cold milk and mix well until lump free.
- Soak gelatin powder in 2 tbsp lukewarm water for 5-7 minutes.
- Keep the gelatin bowl over a bowl of hot water and mix until completely dissolved.
- Boil the milk on low heat for 6-7 minutes to reduce the milk a little.
- Add sugar and mix until sugar dissolves.
- Reduce the heat and mix cornflour slowly stirring continuously so that no lumps are formed.
- When the milk starts thickening, turn off the flame.
- Let the milk cool down until lukewarm.
- Add dissolved gelatin to lukewarm milk and mix well.
- Put the freezer setting to maximum.
- Pour the mixture in a shallow airtight plastic container Cover it with the lid and keep it in the freezer for 1-2 hours.
- After 2 hours remove from the freezer and add fresh cream, vanilla essence, and beat with a wooden spatula or electric beater until the frozen Ice cream is broken.
- Keep it again in the freezer for 2 hours.
- Once half set, remove from the freezer, beat it again for a few minutes and return to the freezer.
- Repeat this step 2-3 times to get creamier ice cream.
- Alternatively, you can also churn the mixture in an ice-cream maker as per the manufacturer’s instructions.
- If desired garnish with chopped nuts, chopped fruits (Mangoes/Strawberries) or crumbled Oreo cookies.
If you are using electric beater, then beat it on low speed for a few minutes, keeping the vessel over a bowl of ice cubes. Do not use mixer to beat.Keep the Ice Cream in an airtight Container covered with a Lid.